Monday, March 14, 2011

Week 1 Update

So here's my update: Alhamdulilah, I've basically lost 0.5 kilos, which is basically 1 lb. Wooohoo!!

I'm monitoring my calorie intake; but to be honest, I'm tired of eating vegetables and I'm getting bored of Salads..although I'm now in love with this new baked salmon recipe I tried. I wanted to take pics to share but it was just too delecious, I couldn't stand to get up and get my camera. Anyone have any low-cal food ideas/websites to share?

Here's a summary of my workouts for the past week:

March 8 - Body Pump; 10 mins on the treadmill on a high incline. I was planning to walk a bit more but then I was told a man was going to be coming into the gym; so instead of working out with my hijab on, I left.

March 9 - 45 mins of cardio. A 20 min run and 20 min walk on incline. Burned 440 calories. Walking is actually much harder than running for some reason. But I guess my body isn't used to walking on an incline so that's why it was painful.

March 10 - In too much pain to move.

March 11 - Body Combat followed by Body Pump. I wanted to die and my muscles were screaming in agony, but Alhamdulilah I got through it. I forgot how Combat destroys my arm/back muscles. But my shoulder muscles were glad to be worked for the first time in months.

March 12 - Off.

March 13 - Body Pump and 45 mins of cardio; 15 running and 10 on an incline, then 20 mins on the eleptical.

This week; I'll try to fit in 3 body pump classes and do more cardio. My goal is to up my running time to 25 to 30 mins.

p.s. I went running shoe shopping. My obese feet are happy.

1 comment:

  1. Did you find a good deal on shoes? :D also you've clearly been working out like a machine. GOOD JOB.

    ReplyDelete